AIT is the foremost safety and oilfield training provider in Nigeria. We have a proven track record delivering excellent courses to individuals and corporate organizations. The structure of our courses and materials are based on international standards and accreditations in safety and oilfield trainings. We constantly receive feedback from employers of labour hence we focus our trainings on the most practical aspects that are relevant to the industry.
In addition, we offer job search assistance and free career counselling after training.
This course will afford those who seek internationally recognized and accredited HSE certification, the opportunity to achieve their career goals in occupational health and safety.
The curricullum is rich and extensive and the delivery is quite challenging. Moreso, it covers the relevant areas in general and advanced HSE (levels 1,2,3) and compares favourably to other international HSE certifications like nebosh, iosh, city and guild.
Improve your job opportunities and prospects, while also opening up new career paths, by adding extra levels of expertise through certification in additional methods and techniques.
The course syllabus includes:
HSE LEVEL 1 PROFICIENCY
- Introduction to Occupational Health and Safety
- Accidents in the workplace | Accident/Incident investigation and reporting
- Understanding HSE Policies, Rules and Regulations
- Industrial Safety Analysis | Job Hazard Analysis (Group work/assignment)
- Basic First Aid (Practical demonstration and role play)
- Industrial Hygiene
- Group Work and interaction
HSE LEVEL 2 PROFICIENCY
- Elements of Occupational Health and Safety Management System (HSE-MS, HSG 65; OHSAS 18001; ILO-OSH 2001, HEMP, PDCA cycle, etc.)
- Fire Safety | Fire Prevention and Fire fighting techniques (Practical demonstration with a fire extinguisher)
- Types and uses of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Risk Assessment | Disaster management strategies
- Security in the workplace
- Workplace hse inspection (candidates will conduct mock hse inspection at a company location)
HSE LEVEL 3 PROFICIENCY
- Industrial Safety technology and Ergonomics
- Appreciate the importance of accident investigation and reporting
- Environmental Management Practices (EMP, EIA, waste management, environmental pollution)
- Case study of a named company and group discussion